Monday, October 15, 2012

Whole Wheat Buns

Cinnamon Rolls waiting for it to rise
 I thought I'll try a healthier version of my buns, and it did turn out very well. Hubby and Noah loves them so much, so I decided to share it here before I forget.

My whole wheat buns and cinnamon rolls, it can rise a bit more, would have been better, but I was running out of time.

For the dough, I used the same method as my other buns. This is a double recipe, you can cut it into half. This recipe makes the 9 cinnamon rolls and 15 buns.

Tang Zhong , water roux
4 tbs bread flour
2 cup water
put in a sauce pan over medium-low heat until thicken, remove from hear

the bun dough
3 cups of bread flour
2 cups of whole wheat flour
5 tsp instant yeast
1/2 cup sugar
225 ml milk
1/4 cup or little more butter

Mix everything except the butter into the kitchen aid if you have one, with the dough attachment. After the dough becomes a ball, add in the butter.

Proof it for about 40 mins in the oven with the lights on, and a bowl of hot water underneath.

Take it out after it's doubled in size, knead to get the air out, shape it.

Put it back into the baking squares and let rise for another 45mins- 1 hour or double in size.

Bake it in the oven for 15 mins, 350 F, or until browned.

A carrot cake, to bring to a gathering on the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment