Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pineapple rolls

I might have posted this pineapple rolls before, but we just made it today so I'll just repost it again, if I did post it before. I was babysitting today again, my friend asked me to watch her daughter 3 times a week, not sure how will I be able to cope, but so far so good. I thought it will be great to get the kids to do something, to kill the time, and both of them like baking anyway, so it worked well. What's even better was, her mom finished work earlier today and came to help clean afterwards.

As you can see, it's a bit out of shape, but it very delicious. It's made with love. The kids really enjoy making the cookies. I used pineapple jam that I made, no sugar added. To make the pineapple jam, just cut up pineapple pieces, put in the blender and then cook it in a pot, stirring it often until it thickens. I put some cinnamon to cook it together.

I usually make the jam ahead of time and freeze it, use it whenever I feel like baking. For the pineapple rolls dough, here's the recipe;

150g butter
100g margarine
50g or 1/2 cup icing sugar
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
4 cups flour

1. Mix the butter, margarine and sugar in a mixer, beat until light an fluffy.
2. add all the other ingredients except flour
3. Add in flour a little at a time, do not stir too much anymore after adding the flour.
4. Roll it out and you can use cookie cutter or cut a line, and roll the jam in the middle. Add flour if it's too sticky. I don't use the exact amount of flour, just add more if it's too sticky because once you put too much flour it's too hard, and you can't save it anymore.

Preheat oven at 350F or 180 C. Bake it for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven, put on wire rack, let cool. Your have to get it out from the baking sheets immediately, otherwise when it's cool it will be hard and get crack easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment