Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls

I saw a friend of mine in the facebook making this buns and I was tempted to copy too, of course, why not? I've always wanted to make cinnamon buns, as I've always liked it.. They are so yummy...and hubby said, unhealthy. Well, perhaps I can try a healthier version of mine now? Maybe next time I'll try with whole wheat flour.

The recipe is similar to my soft bun's recipe. Here's the recipe;
1. Water-roux 
2 tbs bread flour
1/2 cup water
Mix together in a pan over low-medium heat until they become thick and gluey

2. For the dough
2 cup bread flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 eggs (use the other half for glazing)
120 ml milk
1/4 cup butter (softened)

Put in the mixer or knead it, or the bread machine... knead them together... add butter after the dough is not sticky.
After kneading I put them into the oven to proof for almost 1 hour or until doubled in size. I put a bowl or hot boiling water underneath it so it will proof faster. Cover it with cling wrap.
Take it out and knead to remove air from the dough, roll it up to rectangle shape, about 25x30cm. 
Brush melted butter ( about 1/4 cup) onto it, and sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon ( about 1 tsp or more) and brown sugar (1/4 cup) on top of it.
Roll it up and cut it into 9 pieces, or about 3 cm.

 This is how it looks like after cutting it, put it in the square pan and put it back in the oven, let it rise for another 30-45 minutes or double in size
 The cinnamon rolls all ready to be baked. I put the extra sprinkles on top of it, and put the egg wash, the other 1/2 egg add 1 tbs of water and brush on top of it 
 Preheat oven at 350F (or 180 C) and bake it for 15-20 mins, or until the buns turn brown. You may want to add raisin to this recipe, I didn't put it because hubby doesn't like raisins. 
This is so good, Noah and Kiana love it so much... It's sure a keeper. A note to myself, next time I will not hesitate to add butter to it, I did not use all of it.. but I think it will taste better if I used them up... and I put less sugar, it was just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment