Saturday, June 5, 2010

I loveeeeeeee blueberries


We went to the nursery today and bought 2 more blueberry plants. We have 6 bushes altogether now. We have 3 bigger ones when we moved here, but unfortunately, the bunnies ate the shoots and we never get very many berries out of it this year :(

Blueberries are so good. They are great with anything. I love blueberry pie, blueberry jam, blueberry muffin, eat it fresh with cereal or ice-cream, or just eat it by itself. I can eat them like a snack. You have no idea how much I love them. It's good that we can grow it here.

Blueberies are very nutritious. They do not take very much spaces and do not need much care. The leaves turn red/orange in the fall and it's so pretty too. I keep bugging hubby to go and get me more blueberry plants, he thinks I'm crazy, we do not need so many plants because they will grow bigger. I'm just too impatient to wait.

Now we have our own blueberry path, and a house full of raspberries.. yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment