Monday, September 17, 2012

Chocolate Cake

Chocolate Cake

I made these cake this morning after sending Noah to my friend's house. I thought maybe I should give my friend Jessica chocolate cake instead because she likes chocolate. So I made these. It's my first time playing with fondant and making pudding so I don't know how good it will be.

Mike Harris Chocolate Cake Recipe;
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup vege oil
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 c cocoa
3/4 c boiling water

In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, vege oil, milk, eggs, vanilla and salt until smooth. Combine all the dry ingredients and mix it in until smooth. Add boiling water, mixture is quite runny.

Pour into greased, floured 10- inch bundt pan or tube pan. As for me I just used my 6 inches pans.
 Bake in preheat 350 oven 30-40 mins. Cool for 10 mins in wire rack, and remove from pan.

Serve as is, dust with icing sugar, topped with favourite icing or drizzled with warm fudge sauce.

Chocolate Icing ( fudge)
2 tbs butter
4 oz semisweet chocolate ( 4 squares)
1/3 c milk or cream
1 1/4 c icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla

in a small saucepan heat butter, chocolate and milk over low heat, stirring often. Remove from heat, add sugar and vanilla, whisk until smooth. Spread over cake while icing is still warm.

For the filling, I just used the packet or pudding.... and marshmallow fondant for the decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment