Monday, November 19, 2012

Trip to the ER

I know this blog is meant for nice things, but I have to share some not so nice experiences with you. We went away for our little vacation, and everything went well, until Kiana started throwing up when she woke up from her nap. I did not know what was wrong with her. It was normal to have a couple spit outs but after awhile, it seems not normal. So I called the tele-health.

He told me to go to the ER right away, not knowing what was wrong with her. I did as told, went to the ER ( got lost on the way because I am not good at directions around here), luckily they let us in right away. Seems like baby is the first priority, normally you'll have to wait for a couple hours! Anyway all that took about 1 hour, imagine how bad if you have to wait for a longer period.

The doctor checked and said she is fine. Told him she is not fine, she was vomiting and she is not as active. He said she is fine, because her eyes are opened and she is smiling. She smiles all the time! She was looking very tired before, and I really didn't know what to do. The lady that was waiting with her sick daughter was admitted right away, the daughter had 103 temperature. I guess I m a bit luckier than her.

Anyway, we got sent home. I asked the doctor what went wrong, he said it must be just a stomach viral. It might be in the air, might be in the water, we went to the water park for our little vacation. Was planning to go back but seeing how sick she was, hubby didn't take Noah back there. It was a nice little vacation, well not this part, but she seems to be back to normal now. It could have been worse. It's a new experience for me, as they have not been so sick before, and I've learned that the tele-health person will always ask you to go to ER all the time, if you call.. so maybe next time I won't call anymore, they are not much of a help anyway.

And so I went back home, got lots again on the way home. I really don't like driving when it's so dark, especially I am not familiar with the places here. Will try not to let them get sick anymore. It's nothing fun, or nice.

1 comment:

  1. What a worrying experience for you. Hope you are all well now. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete