Sunday, November 4, 2012

Beary Cute Bread

Whole wheat bear bread
 I wanted to make this after I've got an inspiration from a friend who made raisin bread that incidentally looked like a smiley face. I thought, maybe I can use raisin and chocolate chips instead for the eyes, I prefer to use all natural ingredients to make it look fun, than the food coloring.


The recipe is almost the same as the other bun recipe that I used, except this time I used whole wheat bread flour instead. It actually taste pretty good. As you can see in the picture, I arranged the raisins and chocolate chip, almost the same method as in my Panda Bread method. I put the extra layer of dough on top of the eyes and nose, and then put some cherries in the middle, as the mouth of the bear, sorry did not take a picture of it because I got distracted by the baby.

 After putting everything in, I rolled it up, added water and pinch them together.

I turned the bread dough upside down and then I rolled up the ears for the bear, I used cocoa powder for the ears. Rubbed it with water to make it stick better and then put them on the upside down bread in the bread pan.

 This is what I did with my extra dough. I used some ready made bean paste, and tried a mini bear bun, and another one is the leftover from the cocoa dough, I mix it with chocolate chip and raisin.

 I put a cling wrap over the baking pan and put it in the oven with a hot bowl of water underneath for an hour.

 After an hour, I baked them at 350 F for 15 minutes, for the buns and 20 minutes for the bread.

This is how it looked like for the mini bun that I made. Noah really loves it. It actually tasted very good with the chocolate chip and raisin. You can see the melted chocolate chip (the nose) as it was still warm, and Noah was too impatient to wait. It was all gone in a second!

No comments:

Post a Comment