Friday, November 16, 2012

Chicken Butternut Squash Congee

Chicken congee

My friend gave me a butternut squash from her garden and told me to make congee for my little baby because it's very nutritious. To make the Chinese style congee, put a cup of rice (rinsed) with 6 cups of water, or more. I was told that some people soak it overnight so it will be nice and soft for the baby. I just add more water instead, and cooked it for longer.

I threw a piece of chicken breast in so it will be tastier and have more protein in it, and chicken breast is not as fatty. You can also use pork tenderloin, or even fish fillet to make congee. It is good with some salt and pepper, soy sauce and spring onion, but if it's for the baby you can just serve it plain to them. Sometimes I put some carrots in, as long as it's healthy, it's good for the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment