Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tarts

 I felt like eating tarts, so I made this. The yellow ones are egg tarts, they are so easy to make, while the other pecan tarts have blueberry sour cream filling in it. I wanted to use up my blueberry pie filling so I tried this new invention, it's actually not bad, but I still prefers the egg tart better.

 I used the tenderflake pie shells, when it's on sale you can get it as cheap as $1.99 a box of 12 tarts shell, so I don't bother making pie shells because they are inexpensive and taste good. I will make some real pecan tart, someday when I have the time. I am just lazy, this is fast and convenient. Didn't take me much time.

For the egg tart, I just cracked an egg, and beat gently, add almost the same amount of milk with the egg, with a tablespoon of sugar ( you can add more or less, depending if you prefer it sweeter or not as sweet), and then I pour it into the shells, mine made 6 tarts (with one egg). I used to follow this recipe from Little Corner of Mine's blog, now I just got lazier, skipped everything, yet it still taste good, so I don't bother following the measurements anymore. It will look better without the bubbles if you strain the eggs, but it's just for me to eat..so I didn't bother all those steps.

I baked my tarts in the oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes. For those blueberry tarts, I used 3 tablespoon of blueberry fillings, 1 tablespoon of sour cream, 2 teaspoon of sugar, and I topped it with pecan. It's actually pretty good. The blueberry pecan tart takes a longer time to bake compared to the egg tart, and I still prefer the egg tart, it's my all time favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment