Friday, January 25, 2013

Vanilla Icebox Sugar Cookies

 My best friend's birthday is coming so I've decided to make these cookies for her birthday this year. She has been a great friend, sending me gifts from time to time, wherever she is. She actually bought me this cute cookie cutter from Japan! This is now my favourite cookie cutter. I hope she likes my gift, I am too broke to buy her flowers, as I am not working anymore. Maybe in a couple years...when I started working again I will not have time to bake, and will have the money to buy. It is very fun to make these cookies, Noah and I enjoyed making them.



This is a really cool idea from Chatelaine. It's just one recipe that you can make 20 different varieties. I did not follow the exact amount to put in the cookies. I just divided the recipe into 4, mixed one with chopped walnut, another with cocoa powder and nescafe, and one with walnut and cocoa powder. I made the remaining ones plain, and added chocolate on top of it, and it was the best ever!

I bought the cooking chocolate (unsweetened) from Bulk Barn, and mixed it in with a little bit of icing sugar, butter and milk, just tasting it as I add them so it will be just perfect. Then I spread it over the cookies. Hubby is not a big fan of chocolate cookies or cakes, but he went back for a second round, so it must be good.. hehe.

This is a really simple cookies, another keeper. I hope my friend and my cousin (who asked me to send her some too for her birthday) like them. I'm not sure if it is a good idea to post them, they might be broken into pieces before they get them.. or get stale... and the postage is not cheap, but it's worth a try.

Well Happy Birthday to my dear cousin ( who probably won't be reading my blog) and my best friend, the one who cheered me up when I was down, surprised me with gifts, one that never forgets my birthday and a dear friend that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment