Friday, January 25, 2013

Baked Dijon Salmon


It has been awhile since I posted anything. This is the first one for the year. It has been pretty busy so far, I was feeling a little depressed, and the kids were not well, down with stomach flu, and I caught on it too. Hubby's travelling a lot....again, hope I'll have more time to share new recipes this year.

Just made this for dinner, it was actually pretty good. Sobeys had the salmon for $2.99, we normally get the marinade wine and herb salmon, but they do not sell those anymore, so I searched on allrecipe.com and found this recipe, I have all the ingredients (except parsley) so I tried it out. Hubby really loves it. We'll definitely try it again.

The only thing i changed was the parsley because I did not have any, and I pounded the pecan myself, I did not have chopped ones, and I halved the portion, because there's only 2 of us. I did not use the correct measurement, but it turned out very well.

For the vegetables, I just stir-fried the beans, peppers, celery with shrimps and garlic, not forgetting the oyster sauce, and a little bit of corn starch to make it thick... (also add a little bit of water when you fry the veges). It's a simple meal, can be ready in 30-45 minutes, very inexpensive, but probably cost a fortune if you dine at a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment