Friday, December 21, 2012

Homemade Sushi

It has been awhile since I made sushi. We had sushi last weekend and had the leftover ginger, that I really like, so I made some sushi, and decided to take some pictures and post it. I think I did post it before, but it has been a long time ago, I almost forgot how to make it. First, slice all the ingredients as in picture.

I used calrose rice, or you can get sushi rice. Cook 1 cup of rice with 2 cup of water, I used 2 cups of rice with 4 cups of water. After the rice is cooked, I added a little bit of salt and vinegar. I packed it and flattened it as in picture, and sprinkled black sesame on it.

Flipped it over, cut the seaweed into half, and put it on top of the rice. Then put the cucumber, cream cheese and imitation crab meat. The crab meat is already cooked, so you won't need to cook it anymore. You can also use other ingredients such as avocado, or smoked salmon

This is how it looked like after it's rolled. Press it tight so the rice is packed tightly.

Cut it up with a warm knife. When the rice gets cold, it gets sticky. I use a bowl of hot water and soak the knife in the hot water everytime it gets sticky. Sushi is best with pickled ginger, wasabi and soy sauce. It's very easy to make isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment