Sunday, May 30, 2010

Do not take tour if you are planning to meet me


I woke up this morning with a miss call and several sms on my cellphone. My friend was planning to meet me here at Niagara Falls during her 10 days tour of USA and Canada. I was told to standby for her phone calls for the weekend, not knowing when or where to meet her. I think it would have been better if she got all her information right.

She called me at 11.32 pm last night, I was sound asleep. Well, everybody (who had a baby) knew that you have to sleep whenever you can or you'll never get any sleep. Luckily she couldn't get my house phone or she would have waken the whole family up. She left an sms asking me to meet her at 7am at her hotel, across the border in the States.

I wonder, how many of you will go over to the other country to meet a friend who is passing through the country in a short notice like that? Even if you do not have a baby or have to feed him every 3 hours? Will you go through the custom and immigration and all the trouble at 6 in the morning?

I actually pitied her because I felt that she has been ripped off. She didn't get the chance to see the best of Niagara Falls. You have see the falls from the Canada side, not from the USA side. Anyway, the lesson to learn from here is to do your homework before going anywhere for vacation. You have to know where you are going and try to get the information ahead of time. A lot of people are too naive and just follow the tour groups, in the end they do not know what they are missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment