Monday, September 30, 2013

Step by Step How to Make Springrolls

 My kids love spring rolls, well who doesn't? It costs so much to buy spring rolls every time, so I normally make a lot and freezes them. They freeze well, and you can take one out whenever and deep fry them.
It's good with plum sauce, sweet spicy sauce, or even ketchup.

 These are my basic ingredients. Shrimps, carrots and jicama. I chopped the shrimps, and fry them on the pan. Peel the carrots and jicama, and put it in the food processor to shred it, as in picture below, and then cook the carrots and jicama together. I add some water, soy sauce, oyster sauce and salt and pepper to taste.

 This is how much you get after you shred the vegetables. I cook the veges until they are soft, and then drain the water out. 

 This is how I wrapped my egg rolls. Put some water at the edges to seal them, and press on it gently to make sure it's sealed. Try not to leave air in the eggrolls. I put the shrimps on top of the filling, so each pieces will have equal amount of shrimp, and the shrimp will not be overcooked when it's cooked separately. It actually brings more of the shrimp flavour this way.

 My little helper, I don't know if I can do it without her help. Very helpful, in everything. For spring rolls, I wrapped them like an envelope.

 I usually freezes a few trays of egg rolls and spring rolls for later use.

 Deep fry the spring rolls and egg rolls when the oil is really hot, otherwise it will be oily. 

Spring rolls are all ready to be served. My kids can easily finish this up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment