Friday, January 7, 2011

Stomach Flu...Boo!

I threw up at 4.45am yesterday. The first thought was I hope I am not pregnant, yet. I managed to run to the bathroom the first time but not the second time, it landed on the carpet beside the bed. Hubby was busy cooing the baby at 5.30 am, so I had to clean the mess, while I was still feeling drowsy.

I really hoped that hubby can stay home because I was feeling so sick, but hubby had to go to work, but he took today off. I told baby to be good because mommy's not feeling so good. Unfortunately, baby didn't feel too good either. He started to throw up at 830 am. He threw up 3-4 times, that's how many times I did the laundry yesterday.

I was so worried yesterday, luckily he was feeling better by noon. I had a diarrhea too so I knew I wasn't pregnant... and baby can't be pregnant. The second thought, it must be food poisoning, if both of us got it, but we ate the same food everyday, and hubby wasn't sick. So I thought maybe it might be from the lunch at the playdate's house??? Or maybe some virus from them? She told me they were all sick during the holidays and she just recovered the day before!! I was really mad when I learned that she didn't told me earlier, I wouldn't have gone to their house if I knew they were just sick before, and now we are getting it (maybe it wasn't from them but there's still a risk right)

So I called and asked her what kinda sickness they had. They had fever, but she knew people around here having stomach flu and it's spreading, so I guess it must be stomach flu, because it can't be food poisoning because hubby didn't get sick ( unless it was the food from her house, but they didn't get sick either)

Whatever it was, it wasn't nice. I can hardly walk or stand. I had to change his diaper on the floor because I was feeling drowsy. Thank goodness hubby came home after 8 long hours of waiting. I tried calling the telehealth phoneline, 2 different lines but they all go to recorded voice messages, how helpful? And there's suppose to be a phone line for food poisoning but the number wasn't stated anywhere.. @#^@#@!

Anyway, everything is better now (except that I got my period and I get another different type of pain now). Hubby was nice enough to coo the crying baby at 4 am today. I was so tired.. too tired. I was all worried about nursing him while I'm so sick but I guess maybe my milk gave him some antibiotic, he was recovered so quickly.. yet I'm still so.. lethargic. He is eating well, and more than before. Yesterday I only had 4 biscuit and a glass of apple juice until hubby got home. Imagine.. no food.. don't feel like eating anything actually, but I had to eat something, and I still have to feed him...

We are trying to wean him off, slowly...gradually, hopefully soon. It will take some time, but I need my body back. I am eating more today, and hopefully will be all better by tomorrow. I have to be strong, to take care of myself, and the family. Can't get sick anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment