Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A day trip accross the border

I went over to Buffalo, New York today. It was my first time driving out of the country without my hubby. The wait was long at the custom because they were slow, perhaps they were having lunch break. The guys asked me a bunch of silly questions and tried to confuse me, but it was alright.

We went to the outlet mall on the other side of the river. It wasn't as great or as busy as I thought it'd be. The price was almost the same here so I didnt buy much. On the way back, we bought a case of beer and paid the tax for it, and it was still cheaper than getting it here. The officer at the custom did not believe that I didn't buy very much when I went shopping there, and he checked the car trunk but to his disappointment he found nothing.

It was just a couple hours day trip but it was a new experience to me. I am thankful that my friend offered their GPS to me, and brought it to my house, set it up for me.. so I won't get lost. This kinda friend is to treasure.

Now I m home safe.. and I'm trying to resist the temptation to go shopping again

No comments:

Post a Comment