Friday, July 4, 2014

Dark Chocolate Cake

Tiffany blue colour Chocolate Cake for Amee's Birthday
 I made this cake for my friend's birthday. The bf threw her a surprise birthday party, I was away, and came back just in time, to be able to make this cake for her. I wanted to use up my cocoa powder so I decided to look for a chocolate cake recipe that is not so sweet and I found the 'one' on AllRecipe's website.


Made an extra one for Canada Day, was sooooo goood with ice cream and strawberries.

I read the reviews and made changes to the recipes as follow;

Ingredients 

Original recipe makes 3 - 9 inch round pans

  


2 cups boiling water
1 cup cocoa powder
2 3/4 all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs, white and yolk separated
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 3 - 9 inch round cake pans. In medium bowl, pour boiling water over cocoa, and whisk until smooth. Let mixture cool. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup of sugar together until light and fluffy, add in egg yolk. Stir in vanilla. I beat the egg whites with 1 cup of sugar until stiffened. Add the flour mixture alternately with the cocoa mixture and fold in egg whites. Spread batter evenly between the 3 prepared pans.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment