I made these for hubby's birthday. My friend was crazy about Lava Cake, and she showed me how to do it. I must say, it's pretty good.
I got the recipe from Comfy in the kichen's website.
The only tips that I would like to share is, spread generous amount of butter on the rameskin ( I used my cups) and then add lots of sugar. Make sure that the mixture is whipped smoothly and use good chocolate for best result. I made half of the recipe, it is just perfect for the 4 of us.... 2 bigger ones and 2 smaller ones for the 2 kids, or good for 3 cups
Here's the recipe.
- 2 4 oz Ghirardellli Semi-Sweet Chocolate baking bars
- 2 sticks of butter
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Butter 8 ramekins or a muffin tin
- In a microwave safe dish melt butter and chocolate together for 1 min, stir and microwave again for an additional 20 seconds, stir until smooth.
- Add flour with a whisk to the melted chocolate mixture.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs and sugar until well whipped and yellow.
- Combine the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- Pour into ramekins and place them on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 15 mins.
- Sides will be done and center will be molten.