Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Egg Rolls


Noah really likes spring rolls, but the spring roll wrappers was all sold out so I tried egg rolls instead. It's actually so easy to make these, and it's amazing how great it was. I was going to keep some for my neighbour to taste but it was gone so quickly, there was none left to share.

1.Firstly, I used 1 lbs ground pork and 10-20 chopped shrimps.
Cooked them together in a pan on medium until it's cooked.
 Add some soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste.

2.Prepare the vegetables, sliced the chinese cabbge thinly, carrots and washed the bean sprout. Blanch them in boiling water for about 1-2 minutes. I cooked the shiitake mushrooms, and sliced them thin, then combine everything together in a big bowl (as in the picture above)

Try to drain the water out. Leave it to cool before wrapping them.


There are different methods to wrap but I found this easier. Just put the filling in the middle and then fold like wrapping a present. I put them on a cookie sheet, and freeze some in the freezer, it keeps very well. 


Fry it in a pan on high heat until golden brown. The filling is cooked, so I won't have to worry about it not being cooked. Never use olive oil, a lot of people do not know that olive oil become toxic when it's on high heat. Just use vegetable oill, or canola.


The egg roll is now ready, serve it with plum sauce or your favourite sauce... Homemade egg rolls are so much better than any other ones that I've had before. It's fresh and tasty, and you can adjust the taste to your own preference. My next project will be spring rolls, because Noah really loves them. It's similar, just a different type of wrapper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment